Sexiest Stars of 2016... So Far
|Alden Ehrenreich in 'Hail, Caesar'|
19. DAISY RIDLEY - While Ehrenreich is going to be in a future Star Wars, the 24-year-old from London, England, is right now in the latest Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which has become $2 billion blockbuster. She'll actually be seen again before Ehrenreich. Her next appearance as Rey, the potential Jedi, is scheduled for December 2017. Despite the newest and coolest, female, action star, People magazine voted her "World's Most Beautiful."
18. FALK HENTSCHEL - The 34-year-old, German hunk worked as a backup dancer for Mariah Carey and Britney Spears in music videos. He was inspired by Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing (1987). He later started doing martial arts. His first acting role was a small part in Arrested Development, cast as a "Hot Cop." His first role in a major motion picture was Knight and Day (2010), fighting opposite Tom Cruise. His first lead role was in Street Dance 2 (2012). He had a supporting role in the CBS series Reckless (2014) but now he's known as the comic book hero, Hawkman in CW's Legends of Tomorrow.
17. AJA NAOMI KING - I first noticed her in an independent film called Four (2013). The now 31-year-old got her MFA from Yale University's School of Drama in 2010. Her first series was opposite Meryl Streep's daughter in Emily Owens M.D., but she really made a name for herself in the Emmy-winning and hit ABC series How To Get Away With Murder, opposite Viola Davis. I might have overlooked her this year, if it wasn't for the fact that she's featured in the Sundance Film Festival award-winner, The Birth of a Nation, by Nate Parker where Vulture magazine calls her the breakout of that film.
16. BENJAMIN WALKER - He's a 2004 Juliard graduate who made his Broadway debut in 2007 with the revival of Inherit the Wind. He played the titular character in the controversial, rock musical Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson in 2009. He also played another American president in the film Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter (2012). I saw none of those things. I took note of him in Kinsey (2004), playing the younger version of Liam Neeson, and in The War Boys (2009), a kind of teenage heist movie. Like with Aja Naomi King, he has a connection to one of Meryl Streep's daughters. He was married to one, but the 34-year-old from Georgia makes this list due to being placed as the romantic lead in The Choice, a Nicholas Sparks bomb-pic, while also showing off his amazing body in only his tighty-whities in the Broadway musical American Psycho.
15. JAIME ALEXANDER - She's the star of the hit NBC series Blindspot where she plays a woman who wakes up naked with no memory and realizes she's basically a super-hero. It's almost an echo of the role she had nearly a decade ago. In ABC Family's Kyle XY, she played a girl who wakes up naked with no memory and realizes she's basically a super-hero. It's nothing like the super-hero that she played in the big-screen adaptation of Thor (2011), but it's close enough.
14. COLTON HAYNES - The 27-year-old from Kansas is a farm boy turned male model. He appeared in ads for Abercrombie & Fitch. Many first took note of him in ABC's The Gates, a summer 2010 series where he played a werewolf. He went-on to have a supporting role in MTV's Teen Wolf in which he played a werewolf-like creature. He became a DC Comics character in CW's Arrow. He makes the list due to his impressive Instagram photos (like the one below), but check out a candid Entertainment Weekly article on him that provides some insight into his personal life.
13. DILSHAD VADSARIA - She's a 30-year-old beauty from Pakistan who has lived in Chicago, Richmond and Philadelphia. She attended the University of Delaware and got a regular role in ABC Family's Greek in 2007. She got a recurring role in ABC's Revenge starting in 2012 and she starred earlier this year in the cancelled FOX series Second Chance.
12. ROME FLYNN - Many took note of him in VH1's Drumline: A New Beat. Currently, he's starring in the CBS daytime drama The Bold and the Beautiful. He's Cuban, Irish and African in descent. He's a self-taught, guitar player and is probably the freshest face on this list. He's the second-youngest person on this list but has probably had the least level of exposure.
10. VINCENT RODRIGUEZ III - He plays Josh Chan in CW's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. He's a proven triple-threat as an actor, singer and dancer. He's Filipino-American. He's a graduate from the Pacific Conservatory of the Performing Arts in 2003. He did regional and musical theater for a decade before landing his first TV role. According to his website, he's a cross-fit enthusiast, has two black-belts and plays several instruments. He also is a teacher with an acting workshop for young people in the Bay Area.
9. JENNIFER LOPEZ - She's 46 but still extremely hot. The Puerto Rican from the Bronx was a Fly Girl on In Living Color back in 1991. Her first leading role was in Selena (1997). She's the first Latina to earn over $1 million with Out of Sight (1998), opposite George Clooney. Her debut album was On the 6 in 1999. In 2001, her 2nd album J.Lo was #1 on the Billboard charts in the same week her film The Wedding Planner was #1 in the box office, making her the 1st woman to do that. Over the decade, she has become the highest-paid, Latin entertainer, building a successful, business career. She was the inspiration for Sir Mix-a-Lot's, 1992 hit, "Baby Got Back" as she is celebrated for her curvaceous figure, having been named "Sexiest Woman" by Details, FHM and People magazines. She blew a lot of people away this year with a stunning turn in NBC's Shades of Blue, a cop show co-starring Ray Liotta.
8. JOHN KRASINSKI - The 36-year-old from Massachusetts is best known for his comedic role in NBC's The Office. Like Jennifer Lopez, he starred opposite George Clooney, but as a handsome football player in Leatherheads (2008). He gave Bradley Cooper a run for his money in Aloha (2015), as a handsome Air Force pilot. It was reported that he was in the running to play Captain America but that seemed like an unlikely role until he made the cover of Men's Health magazine and a glimpse was given of his beefcake status in this year's 13 Hours.
7. GAL GADOT - The 31-year-old is reportedly among the top ten, highest-earning models in Israel. She's done ads for Gucci, Captain Morgan and Jaguar. She won Miss Israel at age 18 before joining the military. She served 2 years as an enlisted soldier for Israel and was a combat instructor. A casting agent got her to audition for Quantum of Solace (2008). As a result, she got a role in Fast & Furious. Like Falk Hentschel, she had a role in Tom Cruise's Knight and Day, but what makes her a household name is her role in this year's Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice as Wonder Woman, a role she'll reprise next year in her own solo film.
6. STEPHAN JAMES - He's the youngest on this list. He's only 22 and from Canada. He starred in two seasons of Degrassi: The Next Generation. His first major film role was Home Again (2012) but he first caught people's attention playing civil rights leader John Lewis in the Oscar-winning Selma (2014). In 2015, the Toronto International Film Festival named him one of TIFF's Rising Stars. During Black History Month, the CBC named him a Culture-Maker for his role in The Book of Negroes. This year, he played Olympic athlete Jesse Owens in the big-screen adaptation Race.
4. ADAM SENN - The 32-year-old from Paris, France, grew up in Sugar Land, Texas, a suburb of Houston. He was discovered and recruited to be a model out of high school. He modeled for campaigns like Dolce & Gabbana. He was cast in VH1's Hit the Floor where he proves he's not just a pretty face and hot body.
3. MORENA BACCARIN - The 37-year-old from Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, graduated from Juliard. She co-starred in the series Firefly in 2002 and the ABC remake V in 2009. She earned an Emmy nomination for her role in Showtime's Homeland. She's currently co-starring in FOX's Gotham and had a supporting role in the blockbuster Deadpool earlier this year.
2. JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN - He's the oldest person on this list. He's 50 and from Seattle. He started acting in 1991. He's done dozens of features, with his best-known being Watchmen (2009). He's also done dozens of TV shows, from The Burning Zone in 1997 to Grey's Anatomy in 2006. However, I had to include him because Twitter fell in love with this guy hard for his sexy role in the final season of The Good Wife this year, as well as his surprising appearance in The Walking Dead. Yet, the tweets about him during his time on The Good Wife couldn't be denied.
1. DESHAUNA BARBER - The 26-year-old from Georgia won Miss USA 2016. She is the 8th African-American to be crowned Miss USA. She's a military brat who grew up in four, different states and DC. She joined the Army Reserve at age 17. She graduated Virginia State University with a degree in business management. She worked as an analyst for the U.S. Department of Commerce. She also was a quartermaster and logistics commander who got promoted to rank of Lieutenant. She got her Master's from the University of Maryland.
Special shout-out goes to the sexy athletes who will be competing at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, or simply Rio 2016, starting August 5. Despite all the problems and controversies surrounding the upcoming games, I thought it at least prudent to spotlight some of the athletes who will be, if nothing else, looking gorgeous. Some of whom include the U.S. Men's Gymnastics team as well as the hottest water-polo player to ever exist, Victor Gutierrez. There's something freakishly weird about a lot bodybuilders, but take note of Howie Tung. The hottest, young, British actor has got to be Parry Glasspool on the series Hollyoaks, which can be viewed on Hulu but check out clips on YouTube. I haven't really gotten into OWN's The Haves and the Have Nots but Kristian Kordula is too pretty to be ignored.