TV Review - Grammy Category 80
|Shia LaBeouf bares all for new music video|
and it seems nobody cares.
This is where I need help. I want to do something interactive and get feedback about the five videos. Which one do you like the best? Which one do you think should win the Grammy and why? After recently seeing the documentary about Michael Jackson Bad 25 and seeing the making of that iconic music video, it's interesting to see how these new videos stack up.
There is another music video category. It's category 81, "Best Long Form Music Video." Most of them are either documentaries or concert movies that are good but don't embrace the creativity of the short form music videos this year. To any one who reads this, watch the five nominated short form music videos and let me know what you think. All of the videos are streaming online via YouTube. I've provided the links.
1. "Houdini" by Foster the People, director: Daniels
2. "No Church in the Wild" by Kanye West, director: Romain Gavras
3. "Bad Girls" by M.I.A., director: Romain Gavras
4. "We Found Love" by Rihanna, director: Melina Matsoukas
5. "Run Boy Run" by Woodkid, director: Yoann Lemoine
Any snubs? Should the Academy have recognized a naked Shia LaBeouf in "Fjögur Piano" by Sigur Ros?